Saturday, January 22, 2011

Let's Pretend It's Spring!

Let's play pretend....the grass is green, the trees are in leaf, the temperature is nice and warm....now, wasn't that nice?  I need to keep this card in view at all times, just to remind me of better days ahead when the snow is gone!  We are getting more of the fluffy stuff today, and my hubby is definitely going to need to use the snowblower tomorrow.


My card today uses another beautiful scenic image from Just Inklined....this time it is Bramble Lane, and you can find it here.  I've used my Tombow markers this time around, blending with my water brush for a nice soft effect.  In addition, I've sponged some DI along the bottom edge for a slight vintage look.  Now, I just need to book a holiday, and go find this place....!!!

Other Supplies:
Tools:  Nestibilities Labels 5, Martha Stewart punch, Fiskars corner punch
Other:  all papers and embelllishments are from my stash, gold embossing powder for the sentiment

So, thanks once again for visiting, and have yourself a wonderful weekend!

A couple of challenges:
Paper Sundaes - Favourite challenge - #14 No People
Pear Tree Designs - #32 Free for All (anything)
Cute Card Thursday - #148 Recipe (1 image, 2 punches, 3 papers)

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! Love your coloring! I would like to pretend it's spring, but snow is piling up here ;)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty! But where I live the grass IS green, the trees ARE in leaf, and the temps ARE nice and warm! {wink} I get that 365 days a year, pretty much.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes during our Birthday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty card...lovely scene. Thanks for joining our birthday challenge this week at Paper Sundaes.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete