Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thinking Pink


My card for today celebrates with the very feminine colour of PINK, which is recognized this month in the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign.  This subject hits close to home....and I must strongly recommend you to have regular checkups and mammograms, and stay alert to any changes you may notice. Rest assured, there are many survivors, and hopefully one day they will find a cure.

Lately, I have been very busy with cards for some design teams, but now this card is for some challenges.  The image is one from Sassy Studio Designs and can be found here, and will be entered into their Think Pink Challenge.  The DP is from Basic Grey, while the lace mat is a cutting file that can be found on the lovely blog Monica's Creative Room.

Embellishments include a few pearls and gems, a peel-off silver border, stickles, a home made flower and a computer generated sentiment.  I have kept these relatively low key, as I think the image and lace speak for themselves.

Other Challenge Entries:
Stamp Something - Something to Celebrate
Sew Many Challenges - Anything Goes
Pollycraft - #64 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - favourite challenge from the last 3 years (Pretty Pink Papertake)
Fab & Funky Challenges - #43 Use a Digi Image
Challenge Up Your Life - #28 Lace and Pearls
The Creative Cottage - #24 Bling It On
Fresh Brewed Designs - Anything Goes/Girly Challenge

11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful card Joyce, this really is sooooo lovely. Gorgeous image, lo, colours flower, lace mat, ........ you get the picture?
    Hope you are well. Luv B xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow,this is absolutly beautiful!!!
    Thanks for joinig us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Joyce, what a stunning card! The image, papers, flower ..... just everything looks perfect together. Good luck in all the challenges and thanks for joining us at PTW. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Stunningly Beautiful, so pretty :)
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card and loving the image too. Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky "digi" Challenges this week.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce, I came by to leave a comment on the TCC card and saw this one, and just "had" to leave one here also. This is an awesome card. I had to find out what the hearts were done from. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! your card is stunningly beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful girly card - I love that spoarkly flower and that beautiful heart frame x
    Thanks for joining in with us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL! I love the sweet image and the heart border. Great card. Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges

    ReplyDelete