Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Let's Decorate....

The goblins have all gone home and soon we will be getting out the Christmas decorations....and of course, sending out Christmas cards!  I could also mention Christmas shopping, baking, etc...but I won't go there just yet!


My card today uses a very aptly named image, Festive Antlers....one of this year's new Christmas releases from Just Inklined.  Something a wee bit different, and sure to bring a smile or chuckle.  There are no reindeer in my neighbourhood, but I can think of another 4 legged creature that would surely love to help decorate this year!

Once again, I've coloured with copics and used my nestie die...then I've added a bit of stamping and DI to the edges.  The DP is a new acquisition from My Mind's Eye (Lost and Found Christmas), and if you look closely you will see the snowflakes have been punched from the leftovers.  I've added glossy accents and glamour dust to all of the ornaments, but it doesn't show well in the photo, and you may notice that I added gold metallic to the scroll die cut for some added interest.

Last but not least, is a bow and a bit of lace.  I think this is the first time I have actually managed to incorporate lace on a card.  Its always good to try something new....especially when you purchased it months ago! (lol)

Thanks again for visiting, and hopefully you are getting some Christmas cards ready too!

Some fun challenges for my card.....be sure to check them out!
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Lollipop Crafts - #55 Anything Goes
Dream Valley - #19 Anything Goes
Card Makin' Mamas - #32 Cut It Out
The Ribbon Girl - Jingle all the way to Christmas
Christmas Inspirations - #35 Bows/Bows
Totally Papercrafts - #90 Glitter It

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card! So cute image. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. We hope you will play again next fortnight too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is fun and fabulous. Love the details! I have some Christmas cards done, but the list is endless. hahaha!
    Thanks for linking up with us at Lollipop Crafts!
    *:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I love My Mind's Eye Papers.. cute image and fab card.
    Thanks for joining "Anything Goes" at Lollipop Crafts Challenge this week. Good Luck!
    -Sony
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Joyce. Who would have thought that a reindeer and lace would look so pretty together! Wonderful colors and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Joyce, love the image and papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mix of papers and the image really pops out.
    Sorry I am awol, can't wait till Christmas when I will have some time back again.
    Take care of yourself.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley Challenges. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, what a cute reindeer I love him! :)
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs Lena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful card, great timage!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so sweet!!! I loved stamp you used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.
    I hope see you again!!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  11. waw! i love this card and particularly what you did with the swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful!!

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

    Hugs

    Denise

    ReplyDelete