Sometimes we really need a special thank you card! My husband has not been well this summer, and thanks to a kindly neighbour down the road (whom we hadn't met before), we didn't have to worry about cutting our grass. Considering our property is one and a half acres, this was no small chore. Now, his lawn tractor was a little smaller (lol), but as he's always been an active member of the farming community....
.....I really think this Tractor image from Just Inklined is perfect! I've coloured it up with copics, adding a little chalk for the clouds. It is cut and matted using the Nestibilities Labels Two die. The papers and ribbon are all from my stash, with some additional stamping added to the background layer.....some leaves to add to the fall theme.
Although the grass has now stopped growing for the season, it won't be long and we'll be having issues with snow. Thankfully, one of our farming neighbours has volunteered to help us out there, as my DH has just found out that he must have another three months of treatments. We are so very thankful for all the kindness of friends and family!
Thanks for visiting, again, and your lovely comments. Take the time to count your blessings...and say thanks!
A few challenges for this card:
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





This is beautiful Joyce, I am sure your neighbour will love it.
ReplyDeleteMy very best wishes to Bruce and lots of love to you both. I hope this next round of treatment will be successful and the last for him.
luv and hugs {brenda] xoxox
gorgeous card, fabulous coloring
ReplyDeletethanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline dt member
Terrific card Joyce, love your coloring and the beautiful DP. Sorry to hear more treatments are necessary but having such wonderful neighbors offering help is one less thing to worry about! Keeping you and yours in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty, funny to say that about a tractor. Glad to hear that you have help with the snow too. Hugs, Carissa
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card. Love that tractor. I also like your papers and stamping. You did a very nice job on the clouds. I'm very sorry to hear that your Hubby has to endure more treatments. I will keep him (and you) in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad to see that you have terrific neighbors. That is a fabulous feeling to know you have such caring friends and neighbors that are there for you. Take care and keep your chin up.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a wonderful card. :) I'm sure your neighbor will love it!
ReplyDeleteHi, Your card is just so beautiful lots of detail and beautiful layout :) Sandra H
ReplyDeleteOh lovely! Great card. Kim
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card. I love the DP. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteTotally gorgeous creation!
thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60
Adorable! Love that tractor image. Thanks for playnig with us at Creative Crad Crew.
ReplyDeleteWonderful coloring. Great card!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a wonderful Thank You card. You are lucky to have such a great neighbour! I hope that your hubby soon will recover and feel better!
ReplyDeleteThat is so heartwarming to hear a story like this!! And yes, you have found a great image to for the occasion, great colouring and paper selection too!! And thanks for coming over to my blog and checking out my bears hehe!!
ReplyDeletehugs, stephanne
Fantastic card!!! I just love it! Perfect for our Thankful challenge at the Creative Card Crew. Hope you come back soon!!
ReplyDeleteCaroline x
Fabulous card!! Love how that pretty colored tractor is framed in the black. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLynn