Wednesday, November 24, 2010

English Robins

Good morning, and thank you for visiting today!  I must admit, I never really thought of card making as educational, but this lovely image, '4 Robins' from Just Inklined, depicts English robins..... and their colouring is far different than our robins here in Canada.  


After looking on the web, here are a couple of photos. Both beautiful....but oh so different.


Now, back to the card.... I've again coloured with Prismas, using a Nestie die to cut and mat the image.  To the red flowers I've added glitter and pearl centers, and I've sponged the edges of the DP to give it a vintage feel.  If you look closely, you will see there is also a white feather, for a little extra detail.

I will also be playing along in the following challenges:
Digi Doodle Shop - #34 Anything Goes
ABC Christmas Challenge - X is for Xmas
DCD Christmas Club - #44 Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty card, I love robins,thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's best this week,
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanke for sharing your knowledge with us. I only know the bird to the left-"rødhals" in Danish.
    Back to your card; it is beautiful and I love it!Your colouring is great.
    Thanks for taking part in ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and sweet card !
    Love birds :D

    Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best, hop to see you again.

    I am posting this to all those I comment on, so you might have got this before, if so I hope it’s ok to get it again :D
    I am one of the DT members at DDSB and I want to tell you about group I have opened at PCP “Fan’s of Digi Doodle Shop” and you are so very welcome to join us there :D
    http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/fansofdigidoodleshop

    All the best to you, Jóna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. I didn't know that there were different kinds of robins. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card!! Great take on the X Challenge! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge! We have another fun one for you that started today. We hope you can play along again!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete