Something a little different today. My card this time has a vintage feel, due in part to the soft floral paper which I found in my stash. The image, Butterfly Belle, is from Digi Stamp 4 Joy, and I've coloured it up with Prismas and OMS, with glitter pen for the flowers.
The fancy frame is made from pink cardstock using a Nellie Snellen die, but I've added a technique. Using Versamark, I used a crackle stamp and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. When dry, I painted over it with gold paint, then with a paper towel, I removed whatever paint had adhered to the embossed areas. I was pleased with the effect....it turned out okay!
A couple of flowers with pearl centres, and a gold filigree corner piece finish it off...... oh yeah, and a bit of distress ink for the edges.
Have yourself a wonderful Easter Weekend!
Some Challenges to enter:
| Digi Stamps 4 Joy - #17 Swirls and Pearls |
| One Stitch at a Time - #58 Make It Sassy |
| Birthday Sundaes - #5 Anything Goes Birthday |
| Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - #24 Anything Goes |
| A Spoon Full of Sugar - #148 Let's Celebrate |
| Top Tip Tuesday - #30 Open Challenge |
| Scrap-Creations - Digital |
| Simon Says Stamp! - Emboss It |
| The Stampman Challenges - #20 Embossing |
| C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #99 Flowers |





Pretty card! I love the little butterfly on her head. Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous image and a wonderful colour combo.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T this week.
I am GDT for the month of April at C.R.A.F.T
Wishing you a wonderful Easter.
Betty x
Gorgeous Joyce! Love the technique you used. ~jeni :)
ReplyDeleteLove your design and colors, thanks for joining us at OSAAT.
ReplyDeletehugs, Marjo
gorgous card,im on the gdt for the month of april. good luck x
ReplyDeleteBeuatuiful vintage look card!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in at OSAAT!
Marianne
Wow, so beautiful! Great vintagge card! Thx for sharing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink and hope to see you again!
ReplyDeleteMary J x
What a very elegant card. It reminds me of that songs. You did a wonderful job. Great detail. Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes.
ReplyDeletethis is so pretty! lovely card!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you have made my very modern image look so very vintage! Well done and thanks for entering our Swirls and Pearls challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy.
ReplyDeleteluv n huggz
Jen
DS4J DT Co-ordinator
Such a lovely card; love the vintage look!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Hugs, Michele
Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
ReplyDeleteJo and Tigerlover.
Fab card with your beautifully colored image and papers. Thanks for sharing and joining us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a pretty card. You did a great job with the image.
ReplyDeleteI have left a little something for you on my blog. Hugs, Carissa
gorgeous colouring and beautiful colours! thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, hugs Jane x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card love the colours and the gorgeous design.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us over at Digstamps4joy
Hugs Linda