Today's card is a special submission......I was one of the winners last week at Raise the Bar! So this week I'm one of their Guest Bar-Tenders, with a card for this week's challenge. Hope they like it... Be sure to pop over and see the rest of the cards where you are sure to be impressed!
The theme this week is a beach scene, and I had this very old stamp in a drawer. I think it is from Stamps Happen, but it is no longer on their web site, so maybe its an antique! lol.
I've used water colours this time. It takes longer, but I wanted the effect that it provides and I'm quite pleased at how it turned out. The water has a misty look, as I added a coat of white pearlescent when finished
The background paper is also a stamp with a Waves pattern by Local King Rubber Stamps, and then I've distressed the edges with DI.
You might have also noticed that I've also gone with the Red White and Blue colour scheme today. Royal colours for the Royal Wedding!
I have some challenges I'll also be entering, but thanks once again for your visit and lovely comments.
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - #108 Pile It On
Lollipop Crafts - #36 Shabby Chic or Vintage
Pear Tree Designs - #46 Colourful
Karen's Doodles - AT THE BEACH
Tuesday Throwdown - #46 Brads or Eyelets
Creative Card Crew - Child's Play
Fab & Funky Challenges - #70 Red White and Blue
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes + Blog Hop
Crafts and Me Challenges - Vintage/Distressed
Crafty Cardmakers - #44 A Royal Wedding/Red White & Blue
Friday, April 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Beautiful! Love the image! Thanks for playing along this week at pear Tree Designs and our colourful challenge! Good Luck xxx
ReplyDeleteLove this its so summery, beautiful work
ReplyDeletehugs June
Gorgeous card Joyce! I love that stamp and your water coloring is beautiful ~jeni :)
ReplyDeleteA fabulous vintage effect Joyce, love the image and the design of your card, it all works so well.
ReplyDeleteluv and hugs {brenda} xoxox
It's beautiful, Joyce! I've never been much good with watercolours, so I am in awe of anyone who can use them this well! :)
ReplyDeleteHugs, Meesh :) xx
Ahhhh, so nostaligic. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful stamp to create this lovely scene! I love eveything about your wonderful card! So glad you joined us at TT this week.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Lovely scene!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka
Cute as a button, a great card
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles this week and good luck
Anne x
this is so gorgeous! Looks like those 2 are having fun! Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles!
ReplyDeleteChris
What a cute card... Thanks for playing along at Karen's Doodles this week :)
ReplyDeleteThis is just so gorgeous. Loving your antique stamp! Oddly I am sitting here looking at it and the wind is howling outside the window and the little girl has sort of sprung to life as I can almost see her dress blowing in the wind!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully coloured and I love your layout.
Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck!
Lin xx
Gorgeous card,love the beautiful image and all the fab detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
ReplyDeleteandrea
What a lovely scene. Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this time, hope to see you again soon.
ReplyDeleteSharon x