Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sketch Challenge at DZ Doodles

Good morning!  Hopefully life is treating you kindly, and you can find some crafty time for yourself.  This week's challenge at DZ Doodles once again comes with an adorable free image, and also the opportunity to be a Guest Designer.  So, head on over, and also check out the lovely creations from the rest of the design team....there's lots of inspiration to be found!


As you will notice, I've switched the sketch around a bit, and I've also used a different image from the one that is offered this week.  This one is called Floral Butterfly Teapot, and as I collect teapots, it's definitely a favourite of mine!

I've coloured with Prismas and OMS, and I've used my new Nestie die,  Labels 18.  Stickles have been used to accent the butterfly, and glitter pen has been used to highlight the edges.

I hope you enjoyed your visit, and I thank you for your comments as they are very much appreciated.  Some other challenges are listed below that provide some additional inspiration.  Have fun!

Digi Doodle Shop - #55 Glitter and Glitz
Delicious Doodles - #22 Anything Goes
CES Challenges - #33 Spring Colours/Image
A Gem of a Challenge - #19 PEARLS AND SWIRLS
Paper Sundaes - #66 Pick Your Sundae Toppings (sparkles, die cuts)
The Shabby Tearoom - #59 Butterfly Wishes
Southern Girls Challenge - #17 Colour Challenge - Green & Blue
Scrap-Creations - Flowers

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the colouring of your image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce
    How are you?
    I love this card, the composition is balanced, the colours are vibrant and your overall design is superb. Great one.
    Hope you had a good Easter weekend, I don't know where it went? I certainly didn't get any crafting or blogging done and my DT projects this week are taking me ages - in fact days!!!!
    We have another Bank Holiday coming up with the royal wedding and then May Day so I hope we get some more good weather.
    Have fun this week and take care.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Great coloring and the background stamping adds quite a nice touch. Thanks for joining us this week at DDSB.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card. I love butterflies, probabbly as much as you love teapots Lol!!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!Love the image inside the teapot ! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Joyce! Love your take on the sketch. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the swirl stamp, gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the Glitter and Glitz Challenge at DDSB
    Debbie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is beautiful...great layout and colours. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely elegant card!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at CES this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the elegant simplicity and the ribbon treatment! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes -We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete