Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wishing for Flowers

Unbelievable....actually had time to make a card!  Hubby is doing better these days, and although he starts treatments again tomorrow, this time it is only once every 3 weeks.  Now we just need some balmy weather...it has to come to us this year, as we cannot go to it!  But in truth, so far we have had a mild rather uneventful winter that even I can handle. (sort of!)


So of course, I had to go with a spring theme with this gorgeous image....Orchids, from Just Inklined.  I've kept the card rather simple, so that it can go in the post, with just some pearls and some die cut leaves for embellishment.   Oh, and then a bit of faux stitching and a little bow.  If you look closely, you will see I've inked the edges of all the papers with a soft green.  I've used an old ink pad that never sees the light of day, something that I've had since day one, I think.

Supplies used
Dies - Nestibilities - Large Labels;  MFT Leafy Flourish
Papers - American Crafts - Enchanted pad;  card stock

Some fun challenges for my card:
Totally Papercrafts - #103 Ribbons &/or Bows
Allsorts Challenge - Anything Goes
Dieing for a Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Craft World - Spring

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Joyce! Love the image and your coloring of it is perfect! The background is a wonderful choice and compliments your colors and coloring perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Joyce! I love the coloring and the detailing you added to the diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Joyce, such an adorable flower and the layout and backing papers are gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and gorgeous colours. Much warmer here today but not quite Spring like yet.
    Glad Bruce is doing well, think of you both often.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I love the colours and the image - lovely shading :) Thank you for joining in our spring challenge at Creative Craft World. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Thank you for joining in our mini challenge at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly lovely x Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Craft World x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks fab! - thanks for joining in the challenge at Creative Craft World!
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete