Sunday, October 20, 2013

King of the Road

Good morning!  Bit by bit, it's getting a little cooler and today we have some sunshine, but tomorrow it's supposed to rain.  I'm not complaining though....at least it's not snow and winter gear.  Just need to get past the next 5 or 6 six months until it warms up again.


So today's card is for someone who will soon have to put his bike away for winter.  A lovely vintage image from Just Inklined, titled James Machine.  Should bring a smile....although the sentiment fits, the motorbike and riding gear have changed big time! 

Once again, I played with my copics and the 'out of the box technique', along with the Spellbinders Label Two die for the image.  The papers are from the Basic Grey Clippings collection, and I've dressed it up with a couple of patterned tapes.  These worked out great for the masculine theme...no ribbons!

I hope you enjoyed your visit, and perhaps you can get outside and enjoy a few days of fall weather before the winter sets in.  Finger crossed, that we get a mild one this year!

Some challenges for my card:

Heck of a Challenge - Autumn Colours
Rhedd & Rosie's - #17 Shades of Autumn
Creative Inspirations - #236 Autumn / Fall Colours
Divas by Design - Autumn Colours
The Ribbon Girl - Colour Challenge
613 Avenue Create - #42 Anything Goes or Create your own
Pan Pastel - #42 Autumn Colours 
Quirky Crafts - #22 Make Us Laugh

17 comments:

  1. nice card with that vintage image! Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image and card Joyce. We are having the most awful storm at the moment. Autumn has arrived with a vengence in the UK. Keep warm and dry.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this card a lot! That cute little watch is perfect. :) Your coloring is great and papers chosen are just right with this image.
    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, such a fun image and I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and I'm sure the recipient will love it!
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous coloring of your image! Nice paper choices! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sitting here singing King of the road,lol..love your card and love the image and title Joyce!
    Thanks for linking up to Pan Pastels UK Challenge and good luck!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous vintage style card Joyce and a great sentiment. It rained very heavily here this morning with thunder and lightning thrown in, but the temperatures are still mild for the time of year. Have a great week ahead.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Joyce, fantastic card! Love the vintage feel and the great papers you used! Great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card. Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab little image Joyce and you have coloured it so beautifully!
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colored image and fun card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Georgous card you made love the image, thanks for sharing with the DT from Premium Craft Brands Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just spotted you on Cindy's blog, she wants to show my card. This is a great male card, very retro. You could enter the Quirky Crafts challenge too.(We allow backdating of 10 days) Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete