Friday, March 18, 2011

The Birthday Fairy?


Hi there!  I thought you might need a wee chuckle, sooooo how about a card with a Birthday Fairy!  Actually, this image is really called Sugar Plump Fairy, from Just Inklined, but if the shoe fits.......!  I'm thinking this wee lass has been enjoying plenty of yummy birthday cake, but I am totally amazed how she can stay on her toes, and doesn't she look happy?

I've coloured with Promarkers, and Copics for the skin, but I've added a lot of shading with Prismas.  Some stickles on the wings, a few silver stars, and then a bit of doodling to finish it off.

Tools used:  Inverted Scalloped Circles Nestie, MS border punch, EK Success corner punch

Thank you once again for visiting, and have yourself a wonderful weekend!

Some fun challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles - #58 Happy Birthday
Paper Playtime - #41 Pick Your Challenge (pink & glitter)
Digital Tuesday Challenge - #102 It's a Magical World
ABC Challenge - Q is for Quote
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Happy Birthday

3 comments:

  1. This certainly made me chuckle Joyce, love the colouring. It reminds me I didn't get a piece of my birthday cake yesterday so I am off to explore and see whether there is any left from last night.
    Thankyou for my birthday wishes.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Joyce, I love that image she made me chuckle and would put a smile on anyone's face.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Happy Birthday challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful, thanks so much for joining in our challenge at ABC this week,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete