Monday, May 2, 2011

CAS Blog Hop at Just Inklined

Good morning, good morning!  Hopefully you are all having a fine day, and now to top it off, it's our monthly Blog Hop at Just Inklined.  This time it's a clean and simple theme, and of course that's always open to different interpretations. (lol!).  If you have arrived here from Heidy's blog, you're doing good!  Otherwise you may want to start back at the beginning at Jak's blog.  You really don't want to miss any of the DT's gorgeous projects....plus....there are 5 hidden spot prizes for those that leave comments!


 I've made two cards for today, to show you a CAS card that you can make again and again.  This background paper is a freebie from Jak that you can find here on her blog.  Before printing it out, I played with it in Photo Shop, adding the Rose image (or A4 Digi Sheet).  By removing the white background from the image, but leaving the rose white, it allows you to colour the image with your choice of medium after you print it out.  I've used Promarkers and then Prisma pencils for the shading.  It goes without saying, this lets you make any number of cards in a variety of different colours.

You might even want to add some bling!  But hats off to anyone who uses these swirls...I found them very tricky to apply.  There's a first time for everything, but sometimes there's a last! (lol)

So now you need to go have a look see what gorgeous eye-candy Jeni has to show you.  I hope you've enjoyed the hop, and found a few new fun ideas to inspire you.  Happy crafting!

35 comments:

  1. Joyce, your cards are beautiful, love both of your creations. You do CAS beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joyce! Two very beautiul cards and inspiring ideas! Simply GORGEOUS!

    Hugs, Meesh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi two gorgeous cards, love the roses, thanks for sharing the technique for addingthe rose to the BP, lots of love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce
    Both cards are beautiful ,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce. This is a lovely card. I like the way you've combined the backing paper and the digi image. Thanks for posting photos of both cards to show how they can be different.
    Debbie M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! TWO cards to goggle at! And what a treat they both are too! :0)
    Those swirls are lovely and well worth the effort. Did you use the plastic templates for them? If so my trick is to mark them off with light pencil dots, then stick my gems or glitter glue over the top afterwards.
    Makes the job so much easier! :0)
    Hugs. Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the way you combined the images - IMO looks much better without the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful!

    hugs,
    REnate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both beautiful cards, love the paper used and the rose image is perfect! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both your cards but my favourite has to be the pink one you have made it beautifully,luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what stunning cards and beautiful colouring!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO pretty. Both of them are..fabulous paper for the background,and those blings...grrr...I know what you are saying...
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. hat a beautiful cards are these two. Beautiful flowers and colors.
    Jopie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a new follower of your blog and I like it if you come to my blog.
    Love Jopie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of your cards are just elegant. Love the way you colored the images.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards. Love the background, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Joyce,they're both gorgeous!!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are gorgeous, Joyce! Wonderful coloring of the roses! I love the bling (but also find these flourishes hard to get on straight)!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two beautiful cards the first one is so classy.. and love those swirls not tried them yet though.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both great cards Joyce, I love the pink and grey of the first one though.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your two cards are lovely.What a great idea popping the rose onto a backing paper.Gorgeous.Thank you for sharing.Love Debbie Johns x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This so dreamy , I love the bling

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so dreamy, I love the bling

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards Joyce .. love the idea of the image on the backing paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous cards Joyce! Love them with and without the swirls. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card! I just love floral images. :-) Thanks so much for the tip about combining the paper and the image. That could come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh you spoil us with two stunning cards, blush that you used my papers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great cards, both of them! I can totally empathise with you regarding "first time for everything, sometimes a last!" - that made me chuckle. I often feel like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an absolutely FABULOUS idea to add the roses on digi papers - these are 2 gorgeous cards Joyce! Will have to remember that little tip!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both cards are beautiful I like the way you used the gems to follow and accent the swirls in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love them both but the first one is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card, I thought I was the only one who had trouble with the bling. It was well worth the trouble it caused you, the card is great.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your 2 cards showing the fab rose image. Must admit, I prefer the first card without the bling. TFS
    Hugs,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  35. So pretty, I love the one without the bling.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete