Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The First Snowbird?

Well, I've finally finished this card!  Life has been good the last couple of days, and that basically means that time has flown by.  My husband starts his second cycle of treatments tomorrow, so soon it will be a different story....but maybe this time it will be easier.  At least we know what to expect and how to deal with it now...hopefully.


My card today portends the end of summer, when the Canadian snowbirds (retirees) head south to warmer climates to avoid the dreaded cold!  That's my take on this fun image from Just Inklined anyway, and you can find it here.  It won't be long now until the migration...lol.

I've used a couple of Stampendous stamps on the backgrounds.  The Marble Texture Cube to create the crackle effect, and the Foliate Quad Cube for the leaves.  I've coloured the image with Promarkers and Copics, depending on what colours I had, (I think I need to go shopping again!) adding some shading with my Prisma pencils.  He was a fun old guy to colour up...

Hopefully this week I will have some time to craft, and maybe even a chance to visit your blogs.  Thanks kindly for all your nice comments.....and have yourselves a great day!

A few challenges for my card:
Creatalicious Challenges - #26 Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy - #17 GOODBYE TO SUMMER and/or SCHOOL THEME
Cute Card Thursday - #182 Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - #85 For Men Only
Scrap-Creations - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute Joyce! Great coloring and colors. Hope your hubby's treatment isn't too bad this time.
    Thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one and he really does look like a snowbird.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fun card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool. Love it Joyce and the 'snowbirds' story.
    Best wishes to Bruce, thinking of you both.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one gorgeous card,just love the colors and detail bless you for playing at creatalicious this month hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaahh this is gorgeous , thank you for joining in our anything goes challenge at Creatalicious.
    Hugs Kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thanks for playing in this weeks anything goes with going grey with scrap-creations!

    ReplyDelete