Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Ticket to Ride

Hi there everyone.  It's been a while, but I've finally found some time to finish a card.  These days, time either goes way too fast, or way too slow...with not much time for crafting.

I had to smile when I saw this image, as it brings someone to mind.  Not that I could ever give him this card....as his sense of humour is not what it could be.   This is another of the fun images from Just Inklined, called Harold Hurry.  He seems to be enjoying his nice spiffy wheels, along with the nice fall weather.

I've basically raided my scraps to make this one up, adding some eyelets and buttons for a little extra detail.  I've gone with an old Beatles song for this one.....She's Got 'A Ticket to Ride'......which in some cases may be preferable to a driver's license......

I've been working on the mate to this image, and hopefully, should have it done up in a few more days.

Everyone take care....and have a wonderful day.

Some challenges I can enter with this card:
Totally Papercrafts - #83 Cute with Buttons
The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - #151 INSPIRED BY A SONG
Lollipop Crafts - #48 Use Eyelets or Brads
Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge - #129 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp! - Song or Film title as Inspiraton

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Joyce. Love all the extra embellishment you used and your colors and coloring, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Good thing the old guy doesn't read your blog.
    Hugs,Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh this is one very beautiful creation Gorgeous image and colour theme and song inspiration its just perfect for our challenge this week,

    Thank You so for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 151 Inspired by a Song
    I hope you join us again next week,

    I have some new calorie free candy if you are interested
    Have a lovely day,
    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic - so funny card !!! thanks for playing with lollipopcrafts - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card so funny - I love this - thanks for playing with lollipopcrafts - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a gorgeous card hun! Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes Challenge at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Joyce! I love Harold, what a cute fella. Fab use of your scraps. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining our "Inspired by a song" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, love the fun image and all the interesting details.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - I have candy on offer on my blog at the moment if you're interested :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol hes brilliant Joyce...your colouring of him is just perfect too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete