Monday, July 18, 2011

Birthdays and Butterflies

Good morning everyone!  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend....lots of fun and plenty of relaxation.  I just have a quick post today.  I had a couple of  specific challenges in mind for this card and the deadlines are fast approaching.  No one can ever accuse me of being early! lol



I've followed the sketch at Pink {Ink} Sketch, a new challenge blog and their very first challenge.   I've switched it around a bit, adding a faux stitching border, but I think it works okay.

Check out the butterfly!  Remember those inside pieces that are left after you use the peel off sticker?   Well I finally made use of some, adhering to velum, which turned out quite well I think.  You just need some sticky medium to lift the pieces....and a lot of patience!

Supplies used:
Stamps - Lil Birthday Kellita (Tickled Pink Stamps), sentiment from Nettie's Cards
Papers - DeLovely paper pack (Cosmo Cricket), vellum for butterfly, card stock
Tools - Nestibilities - Fleur de Lis Rectangles die
Other - stitching stencil, peel off stickers, stickles

We had a wee bit of much needed rain overnight, but now the sun is shining again.  It will probably be another hot one, but I will be inside today catching up on some work.   Maybe tonight I can get to play again.

Some more fun challenges:
Tickled Pink - #28 CUTE... WITH A BUTTERFLY
PaperPlay Challenges - #28 Things With Wings
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #111 Butterflies
Totally Papercrafts - #75 Girly Girls 
Birthday Sundaes - #18 Anything Goes
Emerald Faerie Garden - #5 All Things Nice (Girly)
Daisy Doodles - #38 Anything Goes
Scrap-Creations - Recipe Challenge
Bearly Mine Challenges - #14 Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Use stitching challenge 
Do You Stack Up - #28 Sew: Faux or Real
Simon Says Stamp! - Anything Goes

25 comments:

  1. wow Joyce those colours are gorgeous, so bright, girly and summery and perfect with your stunningly coloured stamp....love it
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, really like the colors. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful card you have made. It's really lovely. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun, Joyce! Such pretty colors and Kellita is colored up wonderfully! Love your handmade butterfly! I don't think I would have the time or patience for that! Lol But it's lovely! Way to recycle! :) Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super job with that sketch! Neat pink frame, it just pops. I really like the stitching. I’m glad you joined us for the Do You Stack Up? SEW challenge & hope to see your creativity here again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a great project! love the image she looks so cool!! great colouring and background:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty Joyce, love the pink and blue together - must be a summer combination. I have some of that sticky stuff but so rarely use peeloffs these days, you have made excellent use of it, that butterfly is gorgeous.
    Take care.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card. I like the look of the butterfly.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the colours & the stitching looks fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card! Such great colors and embellishments. Real eye-appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooo wow! i love how these colors just pop! Fantastic. Great job with that sketch too! Your faux stitching looks so real.....I literally tried to touch it! Bwahha! Great idea with the sticker remenants too! Definitely cute with a sweet butterfly. Thanks for joining the TPS challenge this week! (PS- Digi Sale is on until July 21 at Tickled Pink Stamps)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, thanks for playing along on our stitching challenge on Crafty Sentiments this week Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card. Love the image and that pink frame. The stitching looks great.
    Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, cute image beautifully coloured and pretty stitching too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card :-) I love the image and the papers and layout are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and thanks for helping us reach our target :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Joyce! Beautiful coloring and great details. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card. Love your take on the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Pink Ink Sketches!
    Hugs Jeanette xxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your card with its vibrant colours and pretty layers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just so gorgeous hun...!

    thanks for joining us at tpc...and good luck...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so pretty. Thank you for playing along with DYSU challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooh so cute and girly!!

    Thanks for joining us on Tickled Pink Challenges and PaperPlay this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all the layers. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful sweet girly card!
    Thanks for sharing your card with us At Emerald Faerie Garden!
    Hugs and have a happy weekend!
    Iulia

    ReplyDelete